A Roll Through Charles Taylor's Photographs

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Good Picture, Bad Frame?

I thought I had a half decent picture of the "Colorado" river, the small misnamed one that runs from Dawson County, Texas near New Mesico through Austin and on to the Gulf.

It's a pastoral autumn shot, all "nature," no sight of anything human made, with the late afternoon sun in the high trees. I got it at a point where there's a nice bend in the river.

It's a traditional shot. It won't reorder your concept of beauty or reality, or make you "see new".  I thought I had what you might call a marketable fine art shot, but when I finished framing it, well, the composition went claustrophobic.

Time to take the frame off and to see if the picture is that bad, or maybe could be improved by cropping.

So it goes. 

Y'all been through that, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment