A Roll Through Charles Taylor's Photographs

Friday, November 19, 2010

Jeanne A Martin discusses if photography is a fine art, or not

What is art...? Can it include composition, color, subject, a feeling one gets looking at it?

I showed my profolio of Enhanced Photography to a gallery owner. The gallery manager did admit that the reason it was taking her so long in reaching of a decision whether to accept my art or not is that she didn't think photography was art. Funny thing that she had this conversation with her husband and he disagreed with her. He liked my stuff and thought it would sell. Another funny thing was when finally let me in the gallery she had to share this conversation she had with her husband, then at the end of talking to me, she had to tell me her favorite was the 'Purple Irises'. Interesting.

Another artist shared with me that he loved my art. I had an 'eye' for art - color, composition, feeling that I brought to the picture.

SoI ask, isn't that what art is about, not how you got there?

No comments:

Post a Comment